Monday, December 27, 2010

A CROSSWORD PUZZLE FOR MY (VERY FEW) READERS

In my retirement, I'm trying my hand at creating New York Times-level crossword puzzles. It's great fun for a word person.  Here's a crossword puzzle I created last spring. I sent it to the Times, but they turned it down; they said it wasn't bad but didn't quite fit their requirements. Although I tried following their published specifications for Sunday puzzles, I think I understand now, after further research, why they turned it down. I'll let you decide for yourself if it lives up to the Times' standards. Some friends and family have done this one and liked it. If you enjoy Times-style crossword puzzles, you might want to give this one a go. Please let me know what you think. I'm looking for feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment